Sunday, August 29, 2010

It Was A Good Week To.....

Photo credit: Michal Marcol


1.  Finish 31DBBB.  Over two weeks ago I fell behind on keeping up with the group participating in the 31DBBB challenge.  What I learned from falling behind is that there is only so much you can keep up with, and that falling behind wasn't going to prevent me from learning the rest of the exercises.  I spent the rest of the week reviewing the lessons, and even though I feel I'm not yet advanced to actually apply some of the tasks, I wanted to know what still needs to be done.  I've updated my 31DBBB badge to reflect a "survivor" and now moving on, will slowly learn towards becoming a better blogger.

2. Sit outside in the park.  Early in the week there was a wonderful cool breeze blowing through the afternoon.  I was having a bit of a stressful day, and so we packed our chairs and headed for the nearest park.  We set up under a shaded tree and I brought along a radio which we listened to (softly).  Something about being near the trees absorbs stress, and as the breeze tickled my face I felt the pressure relaxed and my spirits lifted.  I thought about nothing except being present in the moment.  It was all that mattered.

3. Watched a DVD.  Later in the same week there were a couple of days where our weather temperature hit the triple digits!  We took care of all our errands early, and came home to watch an old sci-fi movie the rest of the day.  Staying out of the heat, we kicked back, ate our sandwiches, and just "chilled out."

4. Be inspired to make a new video.  I like to watch people's creativity when making their own, custom music video on You Tube.  Since I learned how to use iMovie and iDVD this year, I suddenly became inspired to start a new project and make my own video with music in the background.  It adds to my skills and provides me a chance to become more computer savvy.  Once I complete my video and I find it satisfactory, I'll share it on a future post.

5. Have lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while.   A good former co-worker friend of mine went to work for another company a few years ago, but we still manage to stay in touch through emails.  We share similar likes and dislikes when it comes to office politics and life in general, which makes our relationship friendly but not too prying.   I connected with her through Facebook when I finally got on Facebook this year, and we made arrangements to meet for lunch.  It was so marvelous to see each other and to bring each other up to date on what's been going on.  It was also healing for my part, because I don't often share the same kindred spirit with others as I do with her.  The time flew by and before we knew it, three hours had passed before we realized it was time to leave.  It was one of the best lunches I had in a long time.

Looking back on the good things that happened in your week helps you appreciate your successes no matter how big or small they are.  It is worth recognizing because: 1) it means you can say your week wasn't a total disaster, and 2) you were able to shift your attention away from feeling stressed to a more relaxed, agreeable, pleasant feeling. 

How was your week?  Feel free to share your good intents here and acknowledge your achievements.

Related Posts with Thumbnails