"If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness."
Are you proud of your accomplishments? I am very proud of completing Week 1 of the 31DBBB (31 Days to Build a Better Blog) challenge from ProBlogger. I have joined with BlogFrog and the wonderful SITS (Secret to Success is The Support) community to learn all about building a better blog.
Two weeks ago, I have never heard of SITS or BlogFrog. I received a link from a successful lady blogger, to a ProBlogger's article entitled "8 Habits of Highly Successful Bloggers". As a new blogger I decided to subscribe to these articles.
A few days later came the 31DBBB challenge with SITS and BlogFrog. I was nervous and hesitated, yet a voice inside of me kept encouraging to join. I reviewed the their websites, and after more hesitation I finally gave in and joined. I figured, if this wasn't right for me, then I wouldn't go further.
I am so happy that I made this choice to join. As for the challenge, it has taught me that there is a lot more to blogging than just writing words. Here's a short summary of what I learned after completing Week 1.
1. Write from the reader's point of view, instead of your own.
2. Comment on other people's blogs often to build a good relationship.
3. Content is important; it keeps readers interested.
4. Become more familiar with using social media to promote a blog.
5. Write link and interlink posts.
6. Read related material, ask questions, participate and support each other. Learn all you can from 31DBBB and other bloggers in the community. It will help improve and build a better blog.
The opportunity to grow increased with each new lesson. It's very inspiring to be a part of the group support and camaraderie with wonderful lady bloggers! It adds very much to my own personal growth and self journey. I took a chance to step out of my comfort zone to participate. There are times when it doesn't feel right to leave my safe circle, but in this case I am very pleased and proud to be part of 31DBBB. I want to personally thank SITS, BlogFrog and ProBlogger for putting on this event.
If you have an opportunity to participate in an event that will enhance your own personal development, by all means go for it! It'll change your life for the better.
Related post: Change For The Better