“You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect.” – Buddha
Earlier this month I posted my “10 Sunny Ways” list. In these hard times, it’s more important as ever to be as supportive of each other. It’s been extremely difficult out there, with unemployment benefits not being extended, and people struggling to find work to make ends meet.
Remember that a lot of what the media says is out of our control. There’s never more a critical time than keeping your courage and faith strong. To help cope with the stress, find people or friends that can be supportive and use your pals as an opportunity to talk about another subject, other than the current news. Don’t launch into discussions about how much more difficult it’s going to be and that this recession will never end. Instead, direct your discussions to produce an action that results in something positive for you. The benefit? You’re no longer as depressed, and you accomplished moving away from feelings of despair to feelings of achievement.
I believe in positive affirmations. They have a powerful effect on your consciousness if you say them over and over till it sinks in. The following are a few of my own affirmations:
1. I am grateful to wake up to another beautiful sunrise and enjoy another day.
2. I love being alive and healthy.
3. I conquer all fears by positive support, confidence and determination.
4. Forgiveness is a form of healing. I forgive myself and others for situations that cause stress. I release the pain and can now move forward.
5. I give all my problems to heaven.
6. I laugh when I can, it releases pressure.
7. I have the right career and it fulfills my life purpose.
8. I am prosperous and abundant.
9. I have lots of creativity.
10. I love myself, my life, and I love others for who they are (despite differences).
There are some beautiful affirmations all over the Internet, but you can also create your own as well. Try them, it will help you feel empowered and in control.