Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quitting Is Not An Option



Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take 
your eyes off your goals.” – Sydney Smith 


Staying inspired and motivated these days takes a lot of effort. The news worldwide and at home have not been pleasant. There is so much pain, sadness, anger, grief, frustration, violence, and the criticizing commentary that someone’s to blame for all of this. Do you ever wonder why you feel hopeless and depressed?

Luckily, you and I can remain inspired and motivated. How? By turning off the news. Read a few headlines just to stay informed, but don’t let the news infuriate and upset you to the point where you have to spread your anger to others. Don’t let this information ruin the rest of your day! Release this negative energy by focusing on something else that’s positive and uplifting. Do whatever it takes to help you feel calmed and relaxed again.

I want to give credit to those people who are still surviving in this down economy. I feel inspired and motivated by what I notice from them. What I observe is courage, strength, faith and hope. I am inspired to apply all my courage, strength, faith and hope because quitting is not an option. I won't give in to the despair and hopelessness, because I know I am strong and won't give up.

To all of us survivors, I acknowledge your spirit to continue. We count on our blessings and move forward towards our goals. I heard a phrase on a news piece last year: “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” And we are tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails